See on Scoop.it – Midtown Atlanta Conversations and Condos
Some Americans are still jittery over the housing market, but here are eight positive signs that should quell some of their fears.
1) Housing prices are on the rise across the country.
2) Foreclosures have slowed. Analysts suggest that as the supply of distressed homes slows, buyers will be forced into higher-price properties too.
3) Inventories of for-sale homes on the market are decreasing. In fact, inventories of for-sale homes have dropped 24 percent from a year ago.
4) Mortgage rates are at ultra record level lows, for those who can qualify
5) Housing starts rose 6.9 percent in June. Also, existing-home sales were up 4.5 percent higher in June compared to one year ago.
6) Home building stocks are on the rise.
7) For investors who are buying homes, rents are soaring, allowing them to cash in on their investments. Rental prices are at a 10-year high as median units rent for $710 a month.
8) Home affordability is at record highs for the median income family, due to falling home values and super low mortgage rates. In fact, a recent study found that it is cheaper to buy a home than rent in basically ever major city in the U.S. For those who buy, you can save the cost of renting by owning the home for five years or less
See on realtormag.realtor.org