9 Reasons to List During The Holidays
Well, Christmas and New Years are but 12 and 20 days away, but this topic still bears repeating. If you were thinking, “let’s wait to list the house till after the holidays,” you just might be missing out on a buyer. So here are some reasons to list your home during the holiday season.
- January can be a time for new employees to start their new job, and hence need new housing
- Some people need to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons
- Buyers may have more time to look during the holidays with additional time off from work
- Homes DO show better when decorated for the holiday
- Serious Buyers have less homes to choose from during the holidays (those other people that choose to wait to list are not yet available)
- Buyers viewing homes during this time of year are most likely pretty serious buyers
- The supply of homes will most likely jump in January as those that chose NOT to list over the holidays jump into the market
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays…and may be willing to pay closer to your asking price (provided it’s priced right to start with)
- If you sell now, you may be able to lease back your home for a period of time. Also, you will not be a buyer shopping with a contingency that you have to sell your home first.
So if you’ve been thinking about listing your Midtown Atlanta Condominium, now is a good time for us to help you make that happen. And yes, when the holidays are over and your home may not have sold yet, we will be back to take new pictures without holiday decorations.
Why not contact Thomas Ramon Realty and let us get to work for you this holiday season!