I review necessary forms, both for the listing, but what will be used when the offer comes in. I highlight the marketing steps I’ll take to expose your home to the greatest number of potential Buyers that may be searching for a condo like yours.
It’s not a secret that the Multiple Listing Service is a powerful tool, and one that EVERY agent uses to their advantage. Once your home is listed on the MLS, it will appear in a variety of places on-line, ranging from Realtor.com to Zillow, Trulia and even right here….at MyMidtownMojo.com. Even if I am NOT your listing agent, you will be able to find your Midtown Atlanta Condo listed here!
What’s the point? Well, do you ever “follow up” on your agent to see what they are REALLY doing in the marketing of your home? Have they put the right information out there? Maybe you listed your condo with a “friend in the business.” But do they know your building? Or the area around it? Do they know important information that a BUYER needs to know?
Mr/Ms. Seller How Is Your Home Being Marketed?
Here’s a screen capture of a listing I happened upon just a few minutes ago…
If you scan it, you will quickly figure out this is for one REALLY BIG condo at 4,000 PLUS sq. ft. Now, while a Buyer that can afford that large of a condo may not be concerned with some of these issues…take a look at the information that is MISSING!
- Property Taxes — Whether you are buying a $100,000 condo or a $1,000,000 condo, this is a piece of info you’d like to know
- Annual Master Association Fee — Any condo building that has retail space will have a Master Association. Cost to you would be…?
- HOA Rent Restrictions — Are you planning to buy as an investment? This may not appear on a public site, but this info would certainly help the BUYER’s agent to know if leasing is possible.
- Monthly Association Fee — Ah, YEAH? It could be $200 per month or $500 per month! That could make a huge difference in who may be able to BUY YOUR condo!
- Initiation Fee — Important to know! It’s something you may be paying when you buy.
So, as the SELLER, look at all the information MISSING for the potential Buyer of your Midtown Atlanta Condo. Some pretty important stuff, that is part of the overall marketing of your condo.
Do YOU know how your Midtown Atlanta Condo is being marketed?