Visiting Atlanta Open Houses This Weekend? Get Prepared!
Leesa, my good friend from Wake Forest, NC has some great tips for those Buyers that are out looking at homes during an Open House! If you are looking at Atlanta GA Open Houses this weekend, take note!
Always remember, the agent hosting the Open House is working for the Seller (in most cases) and you should have your own agent to represent you as well. If you don’t have an agent for your Midtown Atlanta Condo purchase, give me a call and I’ll be happy to explain the importance of having a Buyer Brokerage Agreement and a real estate broker representing YOU!
If you are thinking about touring some Open Houses this weekend then it must mean that you are finally ready to purchase a home. Whether it is your first home or this is your second or third home Open Houses are a great way to get out and explore some new neighborhoods. But, you have to be prepared!
There are a few things that you’ll want to keep in mind when you visit Open Houses and a few questions that you’ll want to ask:
- Be sure to have a few of your Buyer’s Agents business cards with you if you are not touring the Open Houses with your agent. The agent holding the Open House works strictly for the seller, don’t let them tell you any different, so you’ll want to establish up front that you have exclusive Buyer’s Representation.
- Take a camera and a notepad with you. With the permission of the agent holding the Open House you may want to take a few pictures to view at a later time. While there will most likely be informational pieces made available to you at the Open House it is always a good idea to take notes of things that most interest you or that you dislike. Be sure to label the house that you are taking notes on so as not to get confused later.
- Open drawers and doors! I have seen way too many buyers tour Open Houses and they were afraid to open anything. Go ahead, it’s an Open House – open the drawers and doors!
- Bring Your Questions! While the agent at the Open House represents the sellers there are still a few questions that you can ask without giving away your negotiating stance.
- You’ll want to ask if there are any Homeowners Association Dues and, if so, how much per month are they and what do they cover?
- You’ll want to ask if the property is city water and sewer or if it is a private well and septic.
- If important to you, what schools are assigned to this location?
- Where are the local amenities located if there are any such as the pool, tennis courts, playground, etc.
- Why is this home “better” than the home down the street that is for sale?
- How long has the home been on the market?
- Where are the nearest public services located such as the post office, fire station, police station, hospital, etc.
You get the idea – don’t be afraid to ask questions! Buying a home is one of the most important decisions you’ll make – you may make it more than once but regardless, it is one of the most biggest financial decisions you’ll make and it needs to “feel right”. The only way that’s going to happen is if you ask the questions that are important to YOU! So, sit down before you start touring tomorrow or Sunday and really have a heart to heart with yourself and others involved in this with you – what is important to YOU!
Oh, and my last piece of advice??? Wear comfortable shoes!!!!! It can get very tiring if you plan on visiting more than two homes. Other that that – HAVE FUN and I hope you find your dream home! If you are wanting to find some Open Houses in Wake Forest NC this weekend don’t miss my cool Open House Tool! All the latest Open Houses are there directly from the Multiple Listing Service. It’s FREE so go for it!
Whether you are buying or selling Real Estate in Wake Forest NC it just makes sense to use a Realtor® that knows the area! I live here, work here and play here – I call Wake Forest NC home! For more information regarding homes for sale in Wake Forest NC be sure to visit my websites:
- Leesa Finley– Homes for Sale in Wake Forest NC, Wake Forest NC schools, restaurants, shops, entertainment and MORE….
- Wake Forest NC House Chick – My company website with information for the entire Raleigh NC area including Cary, Apex, Garner, Franklinton, Youngsville, Holly Springs and MORE….I AM your Wake Forest NC Real Estate Agent of Choice……Don’t forget to check out Discover Wake Forest NC for all the latest new listings in Wake Forest, Home Buyers and Home Sellers Tips and the most up to date calendar of events in Wake Forest NC!